The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Homecomings Around the Corner

Seniors+running+for+Homecoming+have+created+posters+to+help+their+campaign.+Pictured+is+a+poster+made+by+Liv+Peleschak+and+Parrish+McFarland+that+is+hanging+in+the+stairwell+going+from+the+1st+to+2nd+floor.+
Faith Younker
Seniors running for Homecoming have created posters to help their campaign. Pictured is a poster made by Liv Peleschak and Parrish McFarland that is hanging in the stairwell going from the 1st to 2nd floor.

Homecoming is scheduled for October 13th against Wilson. Last year’s Homecoming King Amaree Bainbridge and Queen Zoe Holden will return to crown this year’s King and Queen. Many other alumni will return for the game as well. 

“The homecoming football game is my favorite of the year,” said Mrs. Tiffany Hummel “I enjoy seeing our former students from the last 25 years.”

The candidates running for 2023 are putting posters up in the hallways and handing things out like candy, pins, bracelets, etc. to get the students to vote for them. 

On Tuesday October 10, students will vote for their top 3 kings and queens. At Homecoming one student will be crowned Queen and one will be crowned king. The other two girls and the other two guys will be a part of the Homecoming Court. 

There are 13 queens running which include: Kylie Morris, Emma Seiger, Maddie Eroh, Faith Toothaker, Kali Hinkle, Liv Peleschak, Eily Painter, Jacquelyn Carabello-Snowell, Malena Hollywood, Annabella Chaklos, Ava Bowers, Kennice Goodman, and Tabitha Rauch. 

I ran for Homecoming because I like the whole campaigning process,” said Emma Seiger “My favorite part about the whole thing is making creative posters and making peoples days just a little better by giving them some candy.”

There are 11 kings running which include: Parrish McFarland, Luke Gustas, Roman Direnzo, Kole Becker, Carter Deatrich, John Kushwarra, Tommy Markus, Hunter Chescavage, Reilly Verdensky, Ethen George, and Vincent Prestileo.

“I chose to run for Homecoming for the experience really, I thought it would be a really fun thing to do and I wanted to make as many memories as possible for my senior year,” said Hunter Chescavage “My favorite part about the whole experience is definitely the campaigning factor, like making the posters and handing out candy.”