The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Leagues in the Past, Districts Ahead

Lizzy Martinko
Noah Bevan, Jamison Walsh, Vincent Prestillio, and Killian Bressler received their medals and stood proud of their accomplishments.

This past Saturday, February 10th, the league championships took place for the PAHS swim team. The team had an overall good day, where the team won lots of medals. However the overall winner of the day for leagues was Blue Mountain.

The boys team won a total of 11 medals on that day. They were headlined by Noah Bevan who won gold in the 200 free and silver in the 100 fly, while also winning two silver medals in relays. The team was also led by Jamison Walsh, Vincent Prestillio, and Killian Bressler. The team was ranked second in the Schuylkill League behind Blue Mountain.

“I’m happy with how I placed individually, but I feel we could’ve done better than second in our relays,” said Noah Bevan “Now that Leagues is over we can focus on districts and try to do our best there.” This shows the team is pleased to an extent but wants to do better at districts.

The girls team won a total of 7 medals on that day. They were headlined by Adalia La Selva who won gold in the 50 free, silver in the 100 free, and silver in both of her relays. The team was also led by Lizzy Martinko, and Gianna La Selva who also won medals on that day. The team had its struggles throughout the year but started to pick it up towards the end, winning two of their last three meets.

“I surprised myself a little bit at the meet, but I’m ready for districts and ready to continue the success and hopefully make it to states,” said Adalia La Selva.

Both teams hope to keep up the hard work heading into the district season. Both teams feel they can still improve on their performances and we will see how they do in districts.