The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

The Little Mermaid at PAHS

The+script+and+vocal+book+for+The+Little+Mermaid+is+pictured+above.+%E2%80%9CBefore+we%E2%80%99re+off+book%2C+this+is+the+most+helpful+for+practicing+the+songs+I%E2%80%99m+in%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Connor+McGowan.+
Maya Johnson
The script and vocal book for The Little Mermaid is pictured above. “Before we’re off book, this is the most helpful for practicing the songs I’m in,” said Connor McGowan.

Every year, the PAHS Crimson Players put on a spring musical. More recently they’ve been putting on both a fall and spring show. The show in the fall was Six, and now the spring musical is The Little Mermaid

The Little Mermaid is a classic household princess movie turned musical. It follows the story of a teen mermaid that falls in love with a human. She gives her voice to Ursula, the evil sea monster, so that she can get herself legs. Once she gets legs, she and the prince fall in love, and she receives her voice back. 

“I’m excited for this musical because The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney movies,” said Elena Holden “It holds a special place in my heart and I can’t wait to see how the drama club brings it to life.” 

The cast is almost fully off book, some of the sets are starting to be built, and the costumes are coming together. The whole production is coming together, and everyone is excited to put on the show. The show is open to the public on the following dates: March 22nd, March 23rd, and March 24th. The cast will be putting on a preview for the high school students and staff on Thursday, March 21st.