The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

AI implemented into literature classrooms

Jackie Robinson
Literature teacher Andrew Smink is lecturing his Am. Lit class. Pictured is his 8th period class, reading and taking notes on “Young Goodman Brown”.

English and literature teacher Andrew Smink uses these programs to help students get a little bit more insight about the authors they’re learning about.

“I think a program like that has a lot of benefits for history and literature classes,” Smink said. “You can ask questions to these authors or leaders, and the AI will generate a response that the students can then analyze for correctness, and decide if the AI is on the spot.”

Over the past year, AI technology has become more advanced and accessible. These advancements have made their way into schools, causing problems such as plagiarism. However, AI doesn’t have to be a burden. Programs such as Hello History help students in their studies by giving an AI insight on how prominent figures of the past could answer and respond to questions.

Junior and AP Lang student Joaquin Grajeda believes websites like these can help students get a better understanding of their material. He describes it as “innovative” and a great tool for students to use.

Hello History works by engaging with the student and guides them through the questions they ask. The interactive AI gives a personalized experience to the user by giving unique responses to questions.