The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Second Semester for STC Students

Beckett+Teresavage+got+dropped+off+at+the+Schuylkill+Technology+Center+for+his+first+day.+He+was+excited+and+eager+to+go+in+to+learn+about+criminal+justice+and+meet+new+friends.+
Chase Teresavage
Beckett Teresavage got dropped off at the Schuylkill Technology Center for his first day. He was excited and eager to go in to learn about criminal justice and meet new friends.

Students who attended STC for the first semester started on Wednesday, August 23rd and had their last day on Wednesday, January 11th 2024. They had a break after their last day at STC before going to PAHS. This is because STC had their first day of school before PAHS did, leaving a few days before the second semester began at PAHS for them to have time off. 

They were supposed to be off school until Wednesday, January 18th, returning for the start of the second semester on the 19th. Due to delays, no school and a virtual day the start of the second semester got pushed back therefore they returned to school on Monday, January 22nd for the start of the second semester.

Students who are attending STC for the second semester had their first day on Thursday, January 11th. Making Wednesday, January 10th their last day at PAHS. 

“It was my first year attending STC and I went for criminal justice. I chose to go to see what it would be like and to meet new people,” said Beckett Teresavage “It was great, I met new friends and I enjoyed everything there. I will be going back because I thought it was fun and interesting.”

STC provides students with knowledge and hands-on work with a trade of their choice. The Schuylkill Technology Center has two locations, North and South, that students from several school districts attend, PAHS being one of them. PAHS allows students to attend STC one semester of each school year, then the other semester they are at PAHS taking classes.