The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Pottsville Alumni Returns for Dream Career

Faith Younker
Mr. Messina is an alumni of PAHS, and is excited to be back pursuing his dream job.

This year Mr. Messina came to the Castle on the Hill to pursue his dream job and is teaching Psychology for the first time, as well as American History 2 and Geography. 

Mr. Messina majored in Secondary ED for Social Studies at Kutztown University for 4 years and graduated in 2022. After that he pursued his career of teaching and came back to the Pottsville Area School District where he had graduated from in 2018.

“I’m so happy to be back” said Mr. Messina “It’s been my dream job to come back and work at PAHS.”

His career and journey began with him teaching at our middle school DHHL, where he taught American History, World History and Geography. This year there was an opening so he was able to move up here to PAHS and pursue his dream job.

Mr. Messina coaches Football and JV Baseball here at PAHS. 

“I love the overall experience” Mr. Messina said, “I’m a very competitive person so I enjoy sports and it’s also a way to stay involved in school.”  His coaching career started at Kutztown, when he decided not to play any sports and just jump right into coaching the Football Team.

In his free time if it’s not football related Mr. Messina enjoys being a part of Good Intent Fire Co. He has been a Firefighter for 9 years and likes being a part of the team and giving back to the community.