The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Pottsville Recognized

Mim Albertini
Senior, Eily Painter, gets in her ready position as she watches the volleyball go over the net. The rest of the team sits on the bench cheering for their teammates and waiting to be put in the game. The Girls Volleyball team ended their season with a record of 21 wins and 2 losses.

Several Pottsville students have been named to the All-Star team. The Schuylkill League chooses certain players for each sport and in each district to represent their accomplishments for the All-Star Teams. For each sport they announce a player of the year, first team, second team and then they announce honorable mentions.

First Team for girl’s soccer is forward, Gracie Evans, midfielder, Abbie Davis, and defenders, Megan Hoak, and Jess Siminitus. Second Team included forward Lauren Kelly, midfielders, Kelly Goodman and Cami Quirin-Morris, defenders, Myla Fegley and Aubrey Snyder and goalkeeper Aubrey Scanlan.

“I was really happy and excited when I looked at the newspaper and saw that I made first team,” Megan Hoak said. “It’s really important to me because I pushed myself very hard to accomplish this.”

For Girls Volleyball, Eily Painter was selected as the Player of the Year. The following made the Schuylkill League All-Star first team, setter, Megan Yost, middle hitter, Anna Burke, and outside hitter, Lainey Dusel. The second team consisted of outside hitter, Maggie Brennan. The Schuylkill League held a game for all of the all stars on Wednesday, November 8th.

“It was definitely a great way to end my final year playing at Pottsville. It was really fun to play with girls from other schools,” Painter said. “We’ve all worked so hard the past four years excelling and being able to play in an all-star game shows the accomplishments we have all made.”

For Girls Cross Country, Maddie Eroh made the girls’ all-star team.

“I feel very honored to be a part of the all star team this year,” Eroh said. “I think it’s important to recognize any achievement because hard work should never go unnoticed, and I’m so grateful to be on the all star team because I know that we all fight for a spot to be there.”