The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Hitting the big screens

Evan+Galavage+and+Ryan+Galen+are+preparing+to+make+a+video+for+the+Tidelines+website.+%E2%80%9CI+really+enjoy+TideTV%2C+I+like+how+it+connects+with+everyone+at+Pottsville.+I+am+the+VTR+person+who+is+the+one+who+has+all+the+roll+ins%2C+commercials%2C+intros+and+the+outros%2C%E2%80%9D+said+sophomore+Quinn+Evans.+
Maya Johnson
Evan Galavage and Ryan Galen are preparing to make a video for the Tidelines website. “I really enjoy TideTV, I like how it connects with everyone at Pottsville. I am the VTR person who is the one who has all the roll ins, commercials, intros and the outros,” said sophomore Quinn Evans.

Before 2024, our school’s announcements were said by PAHS’ trigonometry teacher Mr. David Sterner. Every morning, over the loudspeaker he would recite the national anthem, today’s lunch, and important announcements. Although we were all used to Mr. Sterner’s voice we have taken a new route to announcements with TideTV. 

Recently, in the new year we have started live announcements with our very students involved with TideTV. It is just like the announcements from before but with commercials and newscasters. They bring a new light to the morning announcements with their bright energy every morning. 

“I enjoy being on air because I like to entertain large audiences,” said Ryan Galen. “Everyone has had a positive reaction to TideTV and I think that’s really cool as someone who’s on the air. Since we’ve started the announcements I feel like everyone has a good opinion.” PAHS has never done live announcements but the D.H.H.Lengel Middle School did. With new people on air every year and new people interested in learning more about the news industry.