The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

PAHS Swim Season Concluded

Lizzy Martinko
The boys PAHS swim team stood proud as they placed second in districts. Their goal for next year is to place first.

The district meet for swimming was this past weekend. The teams both had a rather successful meet. The boys team finished second overall in both leagues and districts.

The boys team was headlined by Noah Bevan who medaled 5 times total, winning fourth in the 200 free, second in the 100 butterfly, and second in 2 relays. The team also had Vincent Prestillio, Caden Wright, Killian Bressler, and Marty Davis. The relay teams both finished second, only losing to Blue Mountain. 

“I’m happy I medaled but I feel I could’ve done better as an individual and placed first in some,” said Noah Bevan “The relays I was very happy with finishing second and third felt really good.”

The girls team was headlined by Adalia La Selva who won 4 total medals, including, fourth in the 100 free and second in the 100 butterfly, along with medalling in two relays. The team also had medals by Gianna La Selva, Jill Horvath, and Lizzy Martinko.

The team is already looking forward to next year as they hope to continue their success from this year. The team feels that next year they can not just place second but win leagues and place first in districts.