The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Lasting Memories on Seniors

Finishing+touches+on+the+senior+mural+are+almost+done.+%E2%80%9CThe+mural+I+designed+is+based+on+the+Weezer+album+cover.+Originally+it+was+going+to+be+a+joke%2C+but+we+all+grew+to+love+how+it+represented+our+school+and+how+it+relates+to+the+role+of+pop+culture+in+our+generation.+senior+Cade+Lubinsky+said.+
Lizzy Martinko
Finishing touches on the senior mural are almost done. “The mural I designed is based on the Weezer album cover. Originally it was going to be a joke, but we all grew to love how it represented our school and how it relates to the role of pop culture in our generation. senior Cade Lubinsky said.

” You know that this isn’t the end, so hang on,”  – Weezer, Hang On 

During your four years at PAHS, you make a lot of memories and have very special moments. When asked around, the seniors had a lot to say about what their lasting or favorite memories were from all of their four years of high school. 

“What was a memory from your past four years that made a lasting impression on you and will continue when you leave?”

“My favorite memory from high school was easily going to states for cross country. It was such a great experience and it was awesome getting exposed to some really fine talent,” senior Madison Eroh said.

“My favorite memory of high school is and always will be drama club. Being apart of a community, making new friends and keeping old friendships was so special. As we got older we got to see each other grow in talent and as people. I wouldn’t have traded it for the world,” senior Hannah Martician said. 

“My junior year AP Lang class will always be my favorite. It was so special being able to openly discuss and have people listen. Not just for what you had to say, but what others did too. I was never afraid to say the wrong thing because it was a very safe and comforting place that I won’t be forgetting anytime soon,” senior Katie Comisac said. 

“One memory that will make a lasting impression on me is the friends that I made from high-school. I was fortunate enough to get closer with people that I already knew and also make new friends over the past four years,” senior Dominic Alavarez said. 

“A memory that I’ll never forget from my high school days was my Reading Phillies game, sophomore year. The whole JV Baseball team got to play at the Reading Phillies stadium, and it was an amazing experience,” senior Timmy Kimber said.

“My favorite memory from high school was experiencing and making friendships with people through marching band. I loved getting to know upperclassmen and underclassmen as the years went on and there was never a dull moment with anyone in the band. Being a band kid sounds cliche but we all just are really happy to have close friendships and mentors who care,” senior Emma Seiger said. 

“A memory that will always be with me from PAHS was when I heard my name being called during the 8th period announcements that I got picked to represent the school in the Winter Carnival. I worked so hard campaigning and advertising myself and I was so incredibly grateful to the students for voting me in,” senior Brenna Mcgowan said.