The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Farewell to the Class of 2024

Courtesy of Lizzy Martinko
The Class of 2023 had their graduation on May 26, 2023. It was held at the Veteran’s Memorial Stadium at PAHS. At the end of the ceremony the graduates threw their caps to celebrate.

Yet another school year has reached an end. Another class of seniors are set to graduate and walk on June 5, 2024 at 7:30 PM. The commencement speaker this year will be Mr. Portland. After the class of 2024 graduates they will be continuing on with their lives as adults. 

As one class leaves another one comes up. It’s the same story every year at PAHS, as one door closes another one opens. The junior class will take its role as seniors and it will continue to be like that for years. It is an abrupt end, and we see how people will go on with their lives. Whether they choose to go to college, go straight into the workforce, or into the military.

“I am excited to be a senior, but also kind of sad at the same time,” said Junior, Brayden Evans. “I enjoy high school but I am ready to be a senior and go on with my life. I don’t know where I am going to college yet but I am excited to eventually graduate.” This shows that even though high school may not always be the best it will be sad to move on from such a long process of life.