The student news site of Pottsville Area High School

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Tide Lines

Class of 2024’s last prom

Courtesy of Lizzy Martinko
Seniors and underclassmen dancing during prom. “My favorite part of prom was when the balloon kept getting stuck on the drapes on the ceiling,” senior Katie Comisac said.

There are two proms every year, Christmas prom for juniors and seniors and senior prom in the spring. For seniors it’s one of the most anticipated times of the year other than graduation. The PAHS seniors had a special night for their last prom. Popular songs were played like “Carnival” by Kanye West, “Fein” by Travis Scott, and “I Just Wanna Rock” by Lil Uzi Vert that got students hyped.

Anticipation built up as seniors awaited their last prom. This year’s senior prom was on May 4th and took place at St. Nicks Hall from 7pm to 10pm. The special day is always filled with fun. The night is always memorable for seniors whether it’s the music, the dancing, the photos, or the dressing up.

“I wish my last prom had better weather but I still had fun. It was cool to have the promenade inside to get a better view of everyone,” senior Dominic Alvarez said. “I also liked how the music was somewhat different then previous proms. It was probably the best music at a prom I’ve been to and a great night for my senior prom.”

Prom is a great time to look good, have fun with your friends and literally dance the night away. When asked around the majority of seniors and underclassmen had a lot of fun.